Thursday, October 8, 2009

Say It Ain't So!

My to do list is a mile long, this is in part because my 3 year old is (dare I say it?) out growing his naps? The naps that used to last for 3 hours or more at a time, the naps that I depended on to recharge my batteries, fold mountains of laundry, clean out the dishwasher for the 579th time in a week. Oh, how I will miss them...he is still required to stay in his room for mandatory rest time, but I am not fully able to recharge and get things done when he chirpity chirping from his room. He sings, and hums and reads and screeches and sings and yells out random sentences. I just can't relax when I know he will be sneaking out at any moment to say "Momma, I've got a question for you...I love to play Mario Cart." or do any other random act of sneakiness. I cringe when I hear him get too loud because his sister is sleeping mere feet from his room. Asking him to stay quiet is like asking me to solve any trigonometry problem...It just ain't happenin!

2 comments:

Amanda Barefoot said...

oh no. i dread the day.

Rotten said...

I too dread the day where nap time activities disappear. I need that time as well even if it is just to force myself to sit on the couch and veg for that hour or so.