Monday, February 25, 2008

My GPS and My Savior

Since moving (only temporarily) up to Pennsylvania I have found out just how difficult it is to get around up here. Some streets do not have signs, others may have a sign but it covered by a huge tree, or the sign is just eency weensy. I cannot tell you how many times I have been LOST.

I bought Adam (me) a GPS for Christmas. Nothing fancy just that popular Tomtom that was cheap(er) at Christmastime. It has changed my life up here in the north.

I was driving to a girls' night out the other day just thinking about how cool this gadget is. I had no idea where I was going, but I put full confidence in this small piece of technology. It was taking me to a place I had never traveled. I wasn't sure where I would end up, but as long as I followed the directions I would be in the right place at the right time.

Then it occurred to me. . . if I put even half as much faith in God that I do in that small GPS, my life would change dramatically. He loves us so much and wants to head us in the right direction, all we have to do is be tuned into him. It makes me even more hungry for his word. I desire to have more faith, I desire to live everyday more like him.

No comments: