Thursday, October 30, 2008

On a Whim

Yesterday, as I was talking on the phone with my mom, she mentioned that she and my dad got cheap flights to Austin, Tx. I immediately jumped on that bandwagon and by the afternoon, I too had 2 tix purchased. I am so excited to visit my family in TX. I have a 4 month old niece that I haven't even met yet. Bryson will enjoy playing with his cousin, Joshua who is a little older than he is. I just can't wait.

In order for us to get there however, we will have to jump through a few hoops. My parents are currently living outside of Atlanta. The cheapest flights leave from Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I will drive to Orlando to meet my parents (so they don't have to drive out of their way to JAX.) I will park my car at my brother's house (hope that is okay. . .I haven't told them about this yet. . .) Drive the rest of the way with my parents to Ft. Lauderdale. We will sleep on a sail boat. YES, my parents sail boat that is docked there, so we don't have to spend money on a hotel. (This could be tricky. Bryson has never slept anywhere but a crib or a pack n play.) We will then catch the plane that (not so) conveniently leaves right around nap time. I keep telling myself this will be a fun adventure . . . so NO stressing.

Yipee, a mini vacation! I am ecstatic! Adam on the other hand is not so. . .he wishes he could join us. I do too.

No comments: