Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beauty and the Branch

A dead tree fell into my backyard not long ago, and it was love at first sight. I saw potential in this gigantic tree. It was about 20 feet long, but it was the top 6 feet that called to me. I (by myself) got a hand saw and chopped that baby right off, hauled it into the garage and waited for inspiration to strike. Would you like to see what happened next? Check it out:

I spray painted it white, used plaster of paris in a milk jug to hold it up (my mom helped with this part, thanks Momma!)Wrapped white lights around some feather boas I had and added red Christmas balls. I love it. It is fun, whimsical and just what I needed. I have been wanting a second Christmas tree to sit in my living room and now I have one.

I also love that God sees this same sort of potential in us. I too was once dead and lifeless, and now made new because of His great gift.

2 comments:

One Happy Momma said...

I love it! I love your creativity! AND... I love the curtains!! ;)

Christa said...

I love that you saw a dead tree, and thought, "How can I turn this into something awesome." I probably would have thought, "Oh great now I have to figure out how to get rid of this dead tree." You are no longer allowed to say you are not creative.