Sunday, January 30, 2011

Can it be?

My boy is motivated! He is seeing his progress and is READING! We have completed 2 weeks worth of lessons out of the Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. 17 Lessons to be precise. The boy is highly motivated and has wanted to do more than one lesson in a day. I gotta say, as I see the progress, I am highly motivated myself. I find myself excited to do more. I just can't believe how this program is working for us. One reason we have been able to do more than one lesson a day is that we have scrapped the handwriting portion of the program. Doing this really cuts minutes off the lesson. I figure we will focus on just the reading now and do a different handwriting program come fall. He is reading sentences! SENTENCES! It is awesome.

4 comments:

Christa said...

Very cool! Isn't it neat to be there as he is learning how to do it?
Give Bryson a High Five from Austin!

Anonymous said...

im so glad youre blogging so much! now, dont go disappearing on us now that youre back on fb, ok? yay for bryson's reading! yay for robo mom-i can identify w/notes home from teachers & "appeals" FO SHO!! i should take a que from u & become robo mom-i am quite the opposite. keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! That is so exciting! Good idea to scrap the handwriting for now. I have heard some good things about the Hand Writing Without Tears.

Holly said...

Hey lady! You are the winner of a blog award! Aren't you excited? :)
http://ready2bmom.blogspot.com/2011/08/virtual-hugger.html