Thursday, January 29, 2009

Girl Nursery Update

Thank you, thank you for all your advice and input. . .I have really enjoyed reading through your ideas. Here is where I am leaning right now. . .it could change in an instant.

Adam picked up paint samples at my request the other day, chocolate brown and some pink. I am considering painting the walls from the floor up to the top of the doorways in a brown color THEN I want to put some sort of trim around the room to act like a chair rail, but much higher. It could possibly even be a shelf of some sort. . I don't know, I haven't worked out all the details yet. . .stick with me, okay?? Above this "too high" chair rail I will paint pink. . .possibly even the ceiling. I have heard decorators refer to the ceiling as the 5th wall and that is should be colored. . .hmmmm. Can you picture what I am describing here??

Here are the paint colors I am drawn too.



Here is the bedding, again, for a reminder. Check the post below where my friend, Rob put the bedding on many different wall colors.



I like both light and darker shades of both. . .what is your favorite combo? The lighter shade of brown is the EXACT color in the bedding, while the darker color is in the same family. The pink is not the exact but certainly close. I could have it color matched. Would I want a lighter pink or darker pink??? So many options.

Give me your thoughts. . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your thoughts. I'm getting an idea for what you want to accomplish. I'll think on it and maybe share some ideas Sunday. :-) See you then.

Rob

Anonymous said...

I think maybe vear away from the dark brown walls?? Maybe with the oranges in the flowers it may end up looking very 70's retro? unless that is what you are going for in which case ROCK ON.. I would say maybe do a pretty blue on the wall that the crib is on and then the other 3 walls a very light almost white version of the blue?? (add some cute pink curtains) OR paint all the walls a light cottagey green? HMMMMMM good luck with that.

Emily said...

My opininion is....If you choose the dark brown, definitely go with the lighter pink. If you do the lighter brown...the darker pink. How much sunlight does the room get??? If the room gets a lot, choose the darker brown to give some shade...

I have a friend who painted her ceiling in her guest bedroom and I was a litte apprehensive about it before I saw it...then I saw it and was like....WOW! It looked awesome! It makes the room very warm and inviting....just like a little girl's nursery should be!

Anonymous said...

I would go with the lighter pink and the lighter brown. Since I have seen the swatches in person I can tell that the light pink is still very pink. Pink can look "pepto" so easily so I would go light on that. I like the idea of doing the ceiling. As for the brown, I would go with the lighter one because of the size of the room. If this were the size of a master bedroom, that would be one thing but we are talking about a kid's room. A dark color might make the room seem smaller. OK, you asked for it, that's my two cents. Good luck!