Friday, May 29, 2009

ABC easy as 123

This summer I have decided to try some "homeschooling" with Bryson to help pass the time. I am getting the inspiration from this website. We are focusing on a different letter each day. Each day we make the letter craft, talk about the sounds it makes, think of other words that have the same sound and read a page out of My ABC Bible Verses, Hiding God's Word in Little Hearts by Susan Hunt. Then we spend about 10-15 minutes on this site. So far, so good. All of this is possible of course because Mabry is such a great sleeper. Here are some pics of our recent creations. . .






We are both having a lot of fun with this project and it really reminds me that I do in fact love teaching. . .Yesterday I organized all my school supplies. . .I HEART SCHOOL SUPPLIES!

When we have completed the entire alphabet, I plan on making an ABC shutterfly book with all the pics. . .it should be fun!

1 comment:

Christa said...

Put it on the calendar. You are coming to my house next summer to organize my school supplies for Kindergarten. Just pencil it in sometime.