Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Look what I made. . .

I made these for my precious new niece Samantha. They are fun little burp cloths in girly prints. I loved using fancy burp cloths with Bryson. I don't know why exactly. . .I guess it was because it made something so icky a little nicer.


I also decoupaged a notebook for my sister in law, Christa in coordinating fabric. It was fun to make. She could use it to record Samantha's feedings, notes from sermons, or even a gift notebook. A friend of mine keeps a notebook listing all the gifts she ever gets. She has used it for her baby showers, birthdays, and Christmas'. With the notebook she is not forever searching for that scrap of paper that she used to record the gifts she received in order to write the thank you notes. In addition, it is a nice way to remember just who got you those cute precious baby burp cloths!

It truly doesn't matter if Christa uses the notebook, what matters is that I enjoyed making it and thinking of her. Here is a before and after shot of the notebook.

2 comments:

One Happy Momma said...

I think I recall you saying, "OH, they are nothing fancy; just a strip of material down the center."
GIRL! Nothing could be farther from the truth! They are adorable! I love them! And, HELLO, the notebook is to die for cute! :)
Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

I love my adorable icky job cloths. They really do make a gross job much more tolerable. What a wonderful sister-in-love, to make me a gorgeous and practical gift!